According to the legend, the estate was owned by a Greek woman who, about 1 km away from the entrance from the east had an inn whose name was “La Greaca”. Many of the Greeks who came here for fishing or chopping, settled near the inn. Later, the Mislea Monastery (from Prahova) bought land in Greece, today on the site of the former monastery property being the village hearth. The first documentary attestation of the locality dates from the year 1532, on the occasion of the passage through these places of the Lord of the Romanian Country Vlad Voevod.
Older and newer archaeological researches attest the presence of human settlements from the Neolithic era, over which those from the Geto-Dacian era and then from the early Middle Ages. The vineyards and the Greek wine, the fish of the Baltic, together with the cereal crops, represented an important source of income for the rulers of the Romanian Country.